A shower remodel is a great way to boost your home’s value and make your bathroom more attractive for guests. It’s also a great way to bring a unique flair or style to one of the most used rooms in your home. With any bathroom remodel comes the decision between prefabricated shower systems or custom tiled showers.
There are many decisions to be made when it comes to remodeling a bathroom, and making an informed choice on the type of materials can be challenging. Magazines, social media, and everyone else’s opinions can make it harder to decide. In this post, we are going to go over some pros and cons of the two main materials used in modern baths and showers to help you make an informed decision.
Tiled showers are created by attaching ceramic or porcelain tiles to waterproof walls. Depending on the size of the room, this process can take anywhere from a day to two weeks. Tiles have traditionally been a popular choice for wet areas, and there are a wide variety of design options to choose from. However, depending on the material, tiles can be costly to purchase and install.
Advantages of tiled showers
Tiled showers are a popular option for homeowners for a variety of reasons:
- They are durable
- They give a luxurious spa-like feel to the bathroom
- They allow for creativity in the design and aesthetic of the bathroom as they come in different shapes, colors and patterns.
Disadvantages of tiled showers
- Tiled showers are more complicated to install than shower systems
- They require professional installation
- Grout lines in the tile are notoriously difficult to clean and can promote the growth of mold and mildew
- They can be expensive, especially with newer designs
Jacuzzi® Bath Remodel Shower Systems
A Jacuzzi® shower system allows you to mimic the appearance of tiles while eliminating many of their downsides. They won’t chip, crack or break, and are easier to maintain with built-in resistance to bacteria growth. There are several reasons why more homeowners are installing these systems when remodeling their bathrooms.
Benefits of Jacuzzi shower systems:
- Jacuzzi shower systems come prefabricated and can be installed in as little as 1-2 days
- They have the same look and texture as traditional tile showers
- They come free of grout lines and are easier to keep clean with built-in resistance to bacteria and mold growth
- They come with a limited lifetime warranty
Consult Bath Experts For Your Shower Remodel
A shower system and a tiled shower are both popular options for remodeling your shower, and the choice typically comes down to personal preference and budget. If you’re looking to convert your existing bathtub to a shower, contact the professionals at Bath Experts for a free in-home no-obligation estimate.